final project: dress rehearsal

My final project site is up, and I’ll be adding in more of the text as the day goes on. The text is from one of my masters thesis chapters.

I considered using Omeka as a base, but decided not to for two reasons: I don’t think I have enough images to warrant it, and I have no experience with it and wanted the coding challenge (really, I know that’s odd).  I spent most of my time going back and forth over how to allow viewers to see the images at a decent size with some detail. I tried using Zoomify, but didn’t like how it opened a new window to go through the image; I think this creates a disconnect and a clunky user experience. If anyone has a good (free) alternative, I’d love to hear it.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

One thought on “final project: dress rehearsal”